Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Zoe, Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street?

Slap on a happy grin! And spread sunshine all over the place, just put on a happy face! Put On A Happy Face, music by Charles Strouse, lyrics by Lee Adams

Zoe, who is Elmo's best friend, is bursting with energy, imagination and sparkle. She has a pet rock, named Rocco loves to ride around Sesame Street in her Zoemoblie and can be seen sporting barrettes in her hair. She's a spunky monster who's not afraid to jump in and get her tutu dirty.

Zoe has been adding pizzaz to Sesame Street since 2003. Her orange fur was chosen to compliment Elmo's as he was gaining popularity at the time and the creators wanted a female character to be his friend. Zoe is performed by Fran Brill, who, out of several possibilities, chose the character sketch that looked like Carol Channing. Another cast member suggested they call the character Frannie, but Fran didn't want a character named after her, so she went with Zoe because of the J.D. Salinger book Frannie and Zooey.

More Sparkly Zoe Facts:
Age: 3
Birthday: September 30
Best Friend: Elmo
Favorite expression: “Don't joke me!”
Favorite song: “Jump (For My Love)”
Likes: Parades, ballet dancing and the letter Z
Dislikes: Sitting still and training wheels on her bike

And, in what should not be a surprise to anyone, I decided to go with the bigger layout that has room for more characters.

Pattern by Michelle Thompson
Piece Count: 168
Block Size: 10"
Fabrics:
Moda Marbles: Popsicle Orange, Fuschia, Bubblegum Pink, Cardinal, Flag Red, Passion Purple, Jungle Mint & Paper Bag
Kona Cotton: Snow & Black

7 comments:

Shay said...

Another gorgeous block!

Paulette said...

Beautiful block, Elizabeth! I think I would have been concerned about you, had you gone with the smaller layout, knowing you would probably regret it if you did. This way, I can find out about those characters I am unfamiliar with (Baby Bear, Homer Honker, Abby Caddaby...). :)

Summer Killebrew said...

Wowee! I admire your patience! These blocks are darling. I look forward to seeing more! Especially Herry Monster. ^.^

Richard Healey said...

Another amazing block. How many hours is it taking per block to do this quilt? I really love the style of how it looks (is this paper piecing?)

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Cherie said...

That looks great! Awesome how realistic you make them look =D


I'm having a giveaway on my blog. Feel free to stop by and enter (if you haven't already) =D
http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

Jill said...

Funny. Zoe even sounds a bit like Carol Channing. I really like the purple background! Looks good.

QuiltNut Creations said...

I love her hair bows. These just keep getting cuter and cuter.